The purpose of iEtD tool is to facilitate use of GRADE EtD frameworks by guideline developers, HTA agencies, policymakers and managers.
The iEtD enables organisations to create tailored templates for
- GRADE EtD frameworks adapted to specific types of decisions or recommendations and remits
- Reports generated from EtD frameworks for consultations or final reports of guidelines or decisions
- Summaries for end-users, including clinicians, patients and policymakers
End-user summaries can include interactive functions, such as interactive Summary of Findings (iSoF) tables, layered information, cursor over explanations, hypertext links and the possibility of selecting or inserting specific information in decision aids. The iEtD tools includes resources for
- Managing templates
- Filling in and managing EtD frameworks
- Presenting GRADE EtD frameworks (e.g. at face-to-face or online panel meetings or from guidelines)
- Voting on judgements and decisions by panel members
- Creating reports and interactive summaries for end users
Guidance on the GRADE EtD
Tools to support the use of GRADE EtDs
- The EtD is supported in the GRADE app GRADEpro GDT.
- GRADE Evidence to Decision (EtD) frameworks: A systematic and transparent approach to making well-informed healthcare choices: 1. Introduction. BMJ 2016;353:i2016.
- GRADE Evidence to Decision (EtD) frameworks: 2. Clinical practice guidelines. BMJ 2016;353:i2089.
- GRADE Guidelines: 16. GRADE evidence to decision frameworks for tests in clinical practice and public health. JCE 2016; 76: 89-98
- The GRADE evidence-to-decision framework: a report of its testing and application in 15 international guideline panels. Implement Sci. 2016 Jul 15;11:93
- GRADE Evidence to Decision Frameworks for adoption, adaptation and de novo development of trustworthy recommendations: GRADE-ADOLOPMENT. JCE 2016 (in press)